Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Ahhh...sweet candy!

As I'm typing this, I'm stuffing my face with a chocolately Kit Kat bar. Until this morning, I was unsure that I'd even be able to eat them anymore. Gestational diabetes scared the crap out of me. What if I couldn't have refined carbs and sugar anymore?

I hate how the doctor's office said "we'll call you if you failed."

So I waited and waited. Until 9:40 AM I couldn't wait anymore.

I timidly said to the receptionist "uhhhh...I don't want to be annoying....butttt I HAVE to know if I passed my glucose test."

I hear her clicking away with her mouse....meanwhile, seconds feel like hours.....

"Yep, you did great!"

"What were my numbers?"

"You need less than a 140 and you got a 114."

I could have kissed her if it were possible through the phone.

I realize it's not the end of the world...but I really would hate being on such a restricted diet, doing finger sticks, etc....and also, with all the appointments I already have with Avery's diagnosis, I realllyyyy didn't want to add even more.

So, yay! Milestone today! Can stuff my fat, pregnant face with as much fatty sweetness as I want! (I am not doing TOO bad...I've gained 11 pounds in 25 weeks...doctor was very pleased with those numbers).

Also, today is exactly 100 days until my due date!

On that note...time for another candy bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment